Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"OWLS" by Kathryn Morris Trotter


"OWLS" 
by Kathryn Morris Trotter
404-668-1394

This was one of my favorite paintings to paint!  I wanted to stretch myself while still being true my expression of art.  As an artist, it is important to experiment with what you are really wanting say as opposed to feeling like you have been "trapped" into a certain style or subject that people associate you with.  If we never break the mold, jump, take a chance, allow ourselves to fail, then how will we ever discover anything new and unexpected???  WE WON'T!  

I will end with this quote that has been my inspiration for the week....
"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is noting" Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment