Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Off to the Opera"



































"Off to the Opera" 
10x20" oil on linen
Artist: Kathryn Morris Trotter



I continue to be inspired by elegant, stylish women...maybe it is my background in fashion design or maybe it is just that I admire that innate strength that a woman once exuded (not this woman is extinct today, but times have changed and so have women).


Most, again I say most of us have a deep admiration for women of the past...that vintage woman. Vintage styles in clothing continue to reappear over and over and we, for a moment, get to feel like those women. If we ask ourselves the question...what is it about those women that I love?? Women loved being women...They did not have to defend their position and try and prove themselves or convince others that they were intelligent, stylish, beautiful, or savvy....they just innately knew...



No comments:

Post a Comment